Thursday, November 06, 2008

'going underground'


from the jam: Some people might say my life is in a rut,
But Im quite happy with what I got
People might say that I should strive for more,
But Im so happy I cant see the point.
Somethings happening here today
A show of strength with your boys brigade and,
Im so happy and youre so kind
You want more money - of course I dont mind
To buy nuclear textbooks for atomic crimes

And the public gets what the public wants
But I want nothing this societys got -
Im going underground, (going underground)
Well the brass bands play and feet start to pound
Going underground, (going underground)
Well let the boys all sing and the boys all shout for tomorrow

Some people might get some pleasure out of hate
Me, Ive enough already on my plate
People might need some tension to relax
[me? ] Im too busy dodging between the flak

What you see is what you get
Youve made your bed, you better lie in it
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies wash you down and their promises rust
Youll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns...

We talk and talk until my head explodes
I turn on the news and my body froze
The braying sheep on my tv screen
Make this boy shout, make this boy scream!

Going underground, Im going underground!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

fair use notice: this site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. we are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, & social justice issues, etc. we believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US copyright law. In accordance with title 17 usc section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.